Embedded SWE - Industrial controllers
Company: The Judge Group
Location: East Providence
Posted on: November 14, 2021
Location: East Providence, RI Salary: DOE Description: Embedded
Engineer (2)Full-time/ PermanentRhode IslandSeeking a Senior and
Mid-Level Electrical Engineer responsible for leading, researching,
planning, designing, and testing embedded electrical components,
equipment, and control systems. The Sr. Electrical Engineer is also
responsible for leading the development and testing of advanced
technologies and products. They drive the Engineering activities
involved in the fabrication, testing, operation, application,
installation, and support of electro-mechanical or
electro-pneumatic technologies, products and
- Lead the development of circuit designs utilizing mixed signal
(microcomputer/logic/memory IC/analog/interface) design techniques
for industrial environments.
- Oversee and develop controllers using single board computers
(SBCs), develop HW interface and HW and FW for application specific
- Lead development of firmware utilizing C, C++, other HLL, and
assembly languages for embedded industrial controllers, including
Verilog and other HDL.
- Provide key input and support to the fabrication of test
control apparatus and equipment, and determine methods, procedures,
and conditions for testing products.
- Lead the development of system architecture to meet product
- Lead SOW development for design proposals including definition
of performance specifications.
- Support customer integration activities and post-launch FW
- Support product compliance, to achieve CE Mark; work with NRTL
to ensure compliance with US/Canada codes & regulations, as
required. Ensure electrical device safety and electromagnetic
compatibility (EN 61010, EN 61000), in design development, working
with NRTL, as applicable.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and
equipment to perform engineering tasks. Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (BSEE preferred) or
equivalent; minimum seven years related experience.
- Experience with single board computers (SBCs), used as embedded
controllers - HW interface and SW design.
- Experience with the principles and techniques of FPGA
- Experience with schematic capture tools such as OrCAD and
familiarity with and/or experience with PCB layout tools and design
- Experience with industry-related testing equipment (scopes,
- Experience with various communication protocols (Serial,
Ethernet, CAN, MODBUS).
- Significant experience in leading and overseeing reports
development, including statistical analysis of data from technical
- Ability to effectively present information to key
- Experience with Design software; Internet software; Spreadsheet
software and Word Processing software. Preferred Skills and
- Experience with pneumatic control systems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Understanding of machining and other manufacturing
- Understanding of computer networks and conceptual models (OSI,
TCP/IP) Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org This job and many more are
available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at
Keywords: The Judge Group, East Providence , Embedded SWE - Industrial controllers, Accounting, Auditing , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!