Billing Specialist - ASC
Company: University Orthopedics
Location: East Providence
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionBilling ASC SpecialistASC Billing DeptEast
Providence RI Job Title: Billing ASC Specialist Reports to: ASC
Cost Accountant GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Billing ASC
Specialist is responsible for completing tasks assigned as directed
by the manager. Essential Job Functions:
- Verifying surgical schedules—validating insurances.
- Confirming authorizations received coincide with booked
- Checking surgical benefits for scheduled surgeries.
- Calculating and collecting patient's copay, coinsurance, or
deductibles prior to procedures.
- Assist with writing up refunds.
- Assist on patient balance collection calls.
- Assist with making copies, mail out claims and invoices.
- Posting charges
- Assist AR team in working outstanding claims.
- Post patient payment batches and credit cards payments.
- Pull backup information when needed for appeals and check to
see if they have been resolved.
- Ensure all communication is documented in appropriate areas for
professional team to review on billing system.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Lead or Manager to meet
department needs. Requirements:
- High School education.
- Must be self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Skills in oral and written communication. Knowledge of computer
applications for medical billing, financial data, spreadsheets, and
- Previous billing coursework/education preferred.
Keywords: University Orthopedics, East Providence , Billing Specialist - ASC, Accounting, Auditing , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!