Sr. Analyst, Workout (SBB)
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Location: East Providence
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Sr. Analyst, Workout (SBB)Country: United States of AmericaWHAT
YOU WILL BE DOINGThe Sr. Analyst, Workout (SBB) manages accounts of
low complexity and proactively facilitates the resolutions of
problem loans in a cost-effective manner. S/he minimizes potential
losses to the Company by identifying areas of concern,
opportunities, reports on potential and/or known issues, recommends
process improvements. and implements solutions to existing programs
in accordance with risk management objectives and corporate
budgets.Monitors activities to minimize the company's exposure to
risk. Activities may include quantitative analysis, risk
identification and remediation. Represents or supports the
reputation of the company to minimize compliance and regulatory
risk by resolving issues and ensuring adherence to company and
legal standards. Responsible for ensuring that all of the company's
activities adhere to the necessary rules and regulations, and that
the company complies with legal/regulatory statutes and
jurisdictions.Ensures adherence to the policies and procedures
established by the company. Manages policy, standard definition and
monitoring of policy, standard implementation, ensuring
harmonization and consistency of risk policies. Monitors and
manages risk/exposure and compliance with the company's policies.
Identifies, manages and reports on the company's risk areas.
Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of data, document
retention, and monitors systems.
- Manages accounts of low complexity, in accordance with risk
management objectives and corporate budgets.
- Facilitates the resolution of problem loans through improved
credit quality or repayment, in a cost effective manner.
- Generates new income via late fees, fees for waivers,
- Reviews adequacy of assigned risk ratings and provide support
for risk rating upgrade and downgrade recommendations.
- Resolves challenges and issues in providing lending solutions
- Develops system solutions to generate proper portfolio
reporting and maximize current software capabilities to improve
effectiveness or efficiency of portfolio monitoring.
- Collects financial information, communicates with loan
applicants and credit administration to ensure approved loans are
booked, funded, and managed in a proper and timely manner.
- Maximizes respective portfolio profitability growth by focusing
on value add relationships and transactions.
- Participates in or lead the implementation of process and
- Maximizes revenue by generating new income via increased
pricing, default interest, or deferred accruals
- Ensures compliance with training, statutes, valuation and
- Supports senior workout professionals in management of troubled
- Maintains abreast emerging risk trends and risk management best
practices; summarizes and communicates findings with team.
- Coaches and reviews the work of junior workout professionals,
when needed.At Santander, we value and respect differences in our
workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We
encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Master's Degree preferred
- 3-5 years' experience
- Practical knowledge of corporate regulatory requirements, and
factors influencing the business in which the Corporation
- Practical knowledge of key business control areas (Audit & Risk
Review, Risk Management, Finance, Human Resources, and Legal) and
governmental regulatory agencies.
- Ability to resolve complex situations with internal clients and
regulators, while maintaining a professional presence.
- Ability to quickly respond to inquiries from regulatory
agencies, internal partners, and external consultants.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret government regulations,
trade journals and legal documents
- Ability to effectively deal with senior management as well as,
Federal/State and other Regulators
- Ability to work cross-functionally as a team player.
- Ability to mentor and guide staff and numerous projects
- Ability to influence others, including senior leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Strong project management skills.Employees desiring
consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the
appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees
should provide all pertinent information to support their
candidacy.To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander
employees must meet all of the following eligibility
requirements:Completion of at least one year of active service in
SantanderBe in "Good Standing" - -Please click here to see the full
& EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in
our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We
actively encourage everyone to apply.Santander is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.Employer Rights: Employer Rights:
This job description does not list all of the job duties of the
job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform
other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your
performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The
employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either
you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Bachelor of Science (BS) English
Primary Location: -East Providence, Rhode Island, United States of
Other Locations: -Rhode Island-East Providence
Organization: -Santander Bank N.A.
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, East Providence , Sr. Analyst, Workout (SBB), Accounting, Auditing , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!