Company: University Orthopedics
Location: East Providence
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job Description Job Description: Administrative Assistant
Location: East GreenwichGENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for
performing a variety of duties specific to the appropriate
scheduling of patient office visits for the Physician. Exceptional
organizational skills and people skills are needed.Principle duties
- Ensure that all appropriate paperwork is completed prior to
- Communicate all necessary information to patients regarding
- Answer and triage patient phone calls.
- Process and complete Workers' Compensation medical
- Manage patient complaints and works to resolve issues to ensure
- Ensure accuracy of patient registration and scheduling.
- Responsible to obtain appropriate authorizations for procedures
on the physician's schedule.
- Responsible for scrubbing the physician schedule 3 days in
advance to confirm PCP referrals are in place. Additionally,
responsible for obtaining referrals for existing patients.
- Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact
and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers;
works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve
- Review electronic faxes and incoming orders for the office and
process requests as needed.
- Responsible for office medical records management.
- Update historical medical records to EMR system.
- Assist with surgical scheduling, including but not limited to,
answering patients' preoperative and postoperative questions and
help facilitate getting appropriate paperwork to surgical
- Provides administrative coverage within the division when
- Additional duties as assigned by the Manager to meet department
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Administrative experience in a medical office preferred.
- Administrative and organizational skills to coordinate
- Excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate
effectively with patients, co-workers, and other physician
- Excellent computer skills to accurately and efficiently assist
in the running of a busy office, including email, scanning and word
- Organizational skills to triage patients appropriately for
required testing, visits, surgeries and other encounters.
- Knowledge of MS Office and EMR systems/Practice Management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to travel to all sites if/when necessary.
Keywords: University Orthopedics, East Providence , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!