Company: Moran Environmental Recovery
Location: East Providence
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Moran Environmental Recovery, LLC (MER) is an integrated
environmental company specialized in providing services to Energy
and Industrial, Commercial and Naval Marine, Railroad and
Government clients. With operations based in strategically located
resource centers along the United States eastern and gulf coasts,
the services we perform range in scope from routine maintenance
work, utilizing vacuum trucks and high-pressure washing equipment
to large-scale site remediation and abatement. Our core
competencies involve specialized risk management tools and are
performed in strict compliance with complex regulatory
requirements. We provide these services using in-house resources,
enabling exceptional quality control enjoyed by few companies in
our industry. Job Summary The Abatement Technician must be able to
work in compliance on asbestos abatement and industrial maintenance
projects. Adhere to and maintain strict compliance with
corporate/office policies and procedures, established health and
safety protocols, and all applicable local, state, and federal
regulations. Job Responsibilities
- Execution of field work encompassed in asbestos abatement
projects while under direct or indirect supervision.
- Correct completion of all job-specific, employee-related MER
paper work including Timesheets, Daily Work Reports, Driver's Logs
and Daily Tailgate Safety Meeting Forms.
- Understand and work within project's detailed scope-of-work to
maintain strict compliance with contract documents, project
schedules, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Work safely during all phases of performing the job duties
required in the field.
- Ability to perform work inside areas of varying dimensions;
involving squatting and crawling for possible extended
- Ability to follow directions; read/speak and understand
English; read and understand common danger placards / labels and
hazardous warning literature including site safety plans.
- The ability to safely drive and perform safety checks on all
vehicles for which licensed.
- Project work may require out of town travel for two weeks or
- Must be able to understand and comply with company and client
- Due to the diversity of both scheduled and non-scheduled
projects, physical demands, and environmental conditions vary
significantly depending on the project.
- Work outside year round in all types of weather.
- May work in environments that are extreme in nature like
environmental conditions such as heat, cold, heights, hazardous
chemicals, loud noises, dangerous equipment, long hours etc.
- May be exposed to varying levels of physical activities and
physical extremes such as long periods of standing, walking,
crouching, use of hands, and heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds or
- Must be clean shaven at all times to allow immediate donning
and seal of respirator. Qualifications
- Requires High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent reading,
writing and reasoning skills) and 2-3 years of experience working
on abatement projects.
- Additional experience in related work (emergency response,
manual labor, general construction, industrial cleaning) is
- Qualified employees must possess the 32-hr Abatement Worker's
- A valid driver's license is required.
- TWIC preferred.
- OSHA 40-HR HAZWOPER, Confined Space Entry and Lead Awareness
certifications are desired but not required.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background and
substance screening process including, but not limited to,
employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record
(MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment
to ensure that all records meet company policy standards. Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Holidays PI176403951
Keywords: Moran Environmental Recovery, East Providence , Abatement Technician, Engineering , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!