Senior Automation Engineer (Manufacturing)
Company: Nordson Corporation
Location: East Providence
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in
Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our
employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach
our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve
and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson
employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities
around the world where we live and work. From the mobile device in
your pocket to the sensors in your car, and even life-saving
medical devices, Nordson's technology is used to make products that
touch your life every day. Do you want to join a growing team in a
market-leading technology company? We're looking for motivated
individuals who care about helping our customers succeed. If you
value integrity, respect for people, customer passion, energy, and
excellence, you'll fit right in to the Nordson culture. Come join
our team as a Senior Automation Engineer! In this role you will be
responsible for using the latest technology to improve, streamline
and automate manufacturing processes by designing and implementing
equipment that has a positive impact on quality, capacity, and cost
of products. Must have proven ability to prioritize, plan and
execute multiple projects independently. How You Will Make an
- Collaborate with other engineers and manufacturing/assembly
personnel to ensure design intent and cost effectiveness of
production are achieved.
- Design and plan electrical systems, including power,
communications, and data.
- Create project plans to organize and direct project
- Establish equipment specifications and requirements.
- Research and develop new technologies.
- Develop appropriate documentation including wiring schematics,
bills of material, operation manuals, and troubleshooting guides
for newly established automated equipment/processes.
- Coordinate, monitor, and evaluate project deliverables.
- Collaborate with New Product Development engineering to ensure
new product designs meet DFM/DFA guidelines.
- Manage the Validation / Verification Process for new equipment
- Create operation manuals, training documentation, spare part
lists, and troubleshooting guides for newly established automated
- Support maintenance with diagnostic, troubleshooting and
repairs of automated manufacturing systems. What We Offer:
- Starting day 1, your benefits include:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Paid Time Off (including annual company shutdown between
Christmas and New Year's)
- Annual bonus based on personal & company performance.
- 401k (with match AND additional 3% annual company
- Health Savings Accounts (with employer contribution)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Wellbeing programs to help you live a healthy happy
- On-site full-service cafeteria Qualifications To Be Successful:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Automation or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with automated
equipment and systems.
- Minimum 2 years hands on experience with instrumentation and
controls equipment including PLCs, HMIs, and networking
- Keyence vision system programming experience preferred.
- Yushin robot programming experience a plus.
- Experience with project management.
- Strong modeling skills utilizing SolidWorks
- Familiar with programming of Beckhoff PLC's
- Designing and development of HMI systems
- Familiar with pneumatics and servo actuators/controls
- Strong electromechanical skill set.
- Strong problem-solving skills, hands on individual with the
ability to multitask.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
and be able to communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft office products including
Project, and Excel
- Must have the ability to shift priorities according to changes
in department/facility needs and be open to different
ideas/approaches. Working Conditions and Physical
DemandsManufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Travel RequiredMinimal Nordson
Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants
and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any
aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color,
sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship
status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All
employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our
pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check,
consistent with applicable laws. Third party recruiters and
agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its
subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or
submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and
property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless
the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson's Human
Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for
consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered
a valid contract for service.
Keywords: Nordson Corporation, East Providence , Senior Automation Engineer (Manufacturing), Engineering , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!