Senior Director Of Operations
Company: Nordson EFD
Location: East Providence
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job SummaryThe Senior Director of Operations is part of the EFD
Division of Nordson. Based in East Providence, RI, EFD serves
customers globally across a variety of end markets and is a
high-volume, high mix, 24/7 operation. The Senior Director of
Operations will lead a large global manufacturing operation and
will be a transformational operational leader and serve as an
integral part of the EFD divisional leadership team. This leader
will oversee all operations functions to ensure peak efficiency in
all areas required to deliver and produce high quality product and
will be responsible for managing and delivering the day-to-day
planning, resources, and production requirements to meet customer
expectations, while delivering on strategic and annual planning
goals.Critical to the role, this leader is responsible for
developing and empowering the operations team, retaining, and
developing diverse talent and maintaining an innovative, inclusive,
and collaborative culture. The successful candidate will drive the
NBS Next growth framework with Continuous Improvement across all
aspects of the operation providing competitive advantage to the
business through efficiencies and optimization of manufacturing and
assembly process technology, set production targets and deliver on
annual and strategic planning goals. Essential Job Duties and
- Lead and manage global operations and is responsible for
operations capabilities and performance.
- Promote and focus on instilling a culture of safety by leading
and directing staff to accomplish goals consistent with established
manufacturing and safety procedures.
- Foster a culture of accountability and ownership through agile
and effective communications, processes and execution with
transparency, empowerment, calmness, resilience, and
- Develop and communicate a vision and strategic objectives that
aligns with the operations and division strategy. Lead
strategically and collaboratively with functional partners to
ensure operations evolves as needed by the Division to deliver
divisional operational goals and KPI's.
- Establish key performance indicators that drive change and
visibility to the team. Track, trend, and monitor routinely with
active data analysis and visual management to target and deliver
- Drive fiscal accountability and knowledge, managing key
operating metrics, budgets, and schedules.
- Ensure there is a routine resource planning process and
assessment that ensures teams coordinate the hiring, training,
coaching and annual performance reviews of operations staff,
ensuring clear objectives and expectations are set with routine
- Direct and manage operations initiatives (e.g., plant layout
changes, installation of capital equipment, process improvements,
major repairs, etc.) and progress, ensuring key milestones are met;
utilizing thorough risk management, continuous improvement and
prioritization while utilizing resources effectively to maintain
high probability of success.
- Collaborates with Divisional Continuous Improvement Team to
develop and implement lean manufacturing initiatives using the NBS
Next framework and a focus on on-time delivery, productivity, cost
reduction and overall margin improvement.
- Establish procedures for maintaining high standards of
manufacturing operations to ensure products meet established
customer and company quality standards.
- Develops labor capacity models and material plans needed to
meet sales forecasts, while maintaining flexibility to minimize
cost and inventory levels.
- Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs
that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its
- Directs and coordinates various programs essential to daily
manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping,
cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.)
- Develop a high performing team and promote team concepts,
diversity and inclusion, coaching, mentoring, training, talent /
succession management, and individual development. Promotes and
encourages the development of people to ensure leadership
continuity. Reviews organization and staffing plans to ensure that
they are consistent and competitive for attainment of division
- Takes action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance
with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal,
state, and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources
Department as appropriate.Reporting RelationshipsThis role will
report to the Vice President for Nordson EFD and have the following
direct reports: 2 Plant Managers, a Manager of Shipping, Logistics
and Planning, Manager of Manufacturing Engineering, 1 Facilities
Manager and an EHS Manager. Additional collaborative relationships
include Continuous Improvement, Quality and Supply Chain. Lastly,
the Senior Director of Operations will regularly interface with the
Division Controller and other functional leaders and members of the
Division leadership team. The CandidateEducation and Experience
- Minimum B.S. Engineering, or a related field.
- 10+ years manufacturing operations experience with at least 5
years in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated success in strategic efforts to drive safety,
quality, consistent performance, and productivity.
- Ability to work cross functionally with internal teams and
- Track record of leading global operations, ideally with a team
of 300+ employees and output in excess of $200MM.
- Demonstrated superior leadership as a change agent and
utilization of a business system to drive cost savings and
- Molding operations experience preferred.Preferred Skills,
Abilities and Characteristics
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and
respect, while empowering and motivating team members in a creative
and effective manner.
- Desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction,
process, product quality and reliability.
- History of driving change while building a cohesive,
collaborative, supportive team environment.
- Intellectually curious; seeks out root causes and develops
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a
commitment to relationship-building, both internally and
- Strong analytical thinker, problem solver and
- Flexible, comfortable with change, willing/able to pivot when
the market requires prompt action.
- Ability to lead, engage and inspire a team of individuals to
produce results across the organization.
- Possesses a high level of integrity and expects the same from
- Business and financial acumen, including a solid understanding
of budgeting and forecasting are essential.
Keywords: Nordson EFD, East Providence , Senior Director Of Operations, Executive , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!