Associate, Portfolio Management & Oversight
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Location: East Providence
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Associate, Portfolio Management & OversightCountry: United
States of AmericaWHAT YOU WILL BE DOINGThe Associate, Portfolio
Management & Oversight supports the second line of defense by
providing robust guidance, advice and challenge across the
organization, helping to ensure reporting requirements are
understood, owned and managed to the firm's risk appetite.Monitors
activities to minimize the company's exposure to risk. Activities
may include quantitative analysis, risk identification and
remediation. Represents or supports the reputation of the company
to minimize compliance and regulatory risk by resolving issues and
ensuring adherence to company and legal standards. Responsible for
ensuring that all of the company's activities adhere to the
necessary rules and regulations, and that the company complies with
legal/regulatory statutes and jurisdictions.Ensures adherence to
the policies and procedures established by the company. Manages
policy, standard definition and monitoring of policy, standard
implementation, ensuring harmonization and consistency of risk
policies. Monitors and manages risk/exposure and compliance with
the company's policies. Identifies, manages and reports on the
company's risk areas. Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of
data, document retention, and monitors systems.
- Identifies potential risks and assesses impact, probability of
occurrence and timeframe.
- Acts as a liaison between third line of defense and first line
- Shares knowledge, coaches, and develops staff capabilities to
strengthen understanding of industry and business issues and best
practices for implementation.
- Maintains a strong rapport with local risk teams to create a
strong risk culture of performance and accountability.
- Facilitates and improves the processes and monitoring of
portfolios within specific risks areas (i.e., Credit) and terms of
enterprise objectives (compliance and regulation.)
- Supports the business and provides robust guidance, advice and
challenge across the organization, helping to ensure reporting
requirements are understood, owned and managed to the firm's risk
- Implements quality controls and processes and determines
resolution steps for quality issue, with escalation and reporting
- Identifies enterprise trends, synergies, and opportunities for
change within Risk.
- Ensures business activities and operations are in compliance
with applicable policies, procedures and/or regulatory
- Investigates various risk inquiries, proposals, plans, and
makes recommendations as directed by management or at own
- Presents comprehensive risk exposures and recommends process
improvements and best practices for implementation to senior
- Maintains abreast emerging risk trends and best practices;
summarizes and communicates findings with team.Qualifications:To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Education:Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
in Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information
Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field. (Req)Master's
Degree in Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management,
Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field.
(Pref)Work Experience:Financial Services Industry experience. , 5-9
years (Req)Risk, Consumer Operations, Internal Controls, or related
experience. , 5-9 years (Req)Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of risk management practices,
identification, resolution and implementation.
- Advanced knowledge of risk management best practices and how to
- Knowledge of debt collection best practices, laws and
- Commercial awareness
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analysis skills with attention
- Detail orientated with the ability to also understand overall
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing
- Ability to lead, influence and direct peers, subordinates and
- Ability to convey a sense or urgency and drive.
- Ability to build and foster internal relationships.Diversity &
EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in
our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We
actively encourage everyone to apply.Santander is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.Employer Rights: Employer Rights:
This job description does not list all of the job duties of the
job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform
other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your
performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The
employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either
you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Primary Location: -East Providence, Rhode Island, United States of
Other Locations: -Rhode Island-East Providence
Organization: -Santander Bank N.A.
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, East Providence , Associate, Portfolio Management & Oversight, Executive , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!