Gov't & Public Sector Risk Advisory Manager (Internal Audit)
Company: Cherry Bekaert Advisory, LLC
Location: East Providence
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Cherry Bekaert LLP is a place to learn, a place to grow, and a
place to stay. We are a full-service public accounting and
consulting firm with offerings in offices throughout the Southeast
and into the Southwest. With growing industry expertise, a strong
support system, and our team's shared values, we encourage you to
choose the path that best suits you because at Cherry Bekaert, your
career is about you. Join the Firm that recognizes the power of the
We believe in and promote an environment where our people are
excited and engaged to contribute their best. Cherry Bekaert
strives to exhibit a culture of inclusiveness and diversity in our
offices by involving all of our people and their unique, individual
perspectives in our business. We want all of our employees to feel
a sense of belonging by welcoming and appreciating the uniqueness
that each individual brings to the firm.
The Government & Public Sector (GPS) Risk Advisory -team at Cherry
Bekaert is growing and we are looking for talented individuals to
be a part of it. Apply to join our team as a Manager within our
State and Local practice. As a member of the GPS team, you will
help clients protect and enhance the value of their organizations
by leveraging their system of internal controls to enable growth,
manage risk, and define sustainable operations.
What your day looks like as a GPS Risk Advisory Manager:
As a Manager, you will lead teams in the performance of consulting
engagements to effectively manage risks across an organization. You
will focus on projects specific to internal controls. - Day to day
tasks may include:
- Lead engagements with appropriate oversight from a partner,
principal or managing director.
- Ensure project quality control and oversight management of
client engagements from start to finish, including adequate
planning, execution, and direction while managing the
- Effectively leading and managing a team of professionals,
including reviewing associates' work assignments and providing
- Rationalize internal controls for our clients to focus on
compliance and reporting risks and optimize client system of
- Develop risk perspectives and internal control recommendations
based on thorough understanding of business processes and related
- Help clients manage risk by recommending improved control
design intended to satisfy regulatory requirements
- Work effectively with external auditors of our clients to
ensure a seamless client delivery experience and achieve
efficiencies across internal and external audit.
- Support the development of new services and solutions including
data analytics, process automation, compliance management systems,
and targeted solutions.
- Maintain a strong client focus by understanding the client's
business needs while developing productive working relationships
with client personnel to accomplish objectives.
- Learn and understand the Firm and its professional service
- Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas and
identify potential opportunities to apply Cherry Bekaert's
- Contribute to the internal development of the practice,
including process improvement or operations
What you bring to this role:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or relevant industry
- 6+ years of State and Local experience working as an Internal
Auditor, External Auditor or in similar public accounting and
- In depth knowledge of external audit methodologies and internal
control methodologies (Green Book, Yellow Book, COSO, COBIT,
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage
- Strong risk management experience able to support writing
reports of control descriptions, internal control findings and
- Ability to serve on and manage multiple engagements at a time,
working with team members throughout our firm.
- Demonstrated experience in applying relevant technical,
regulatory and Public Sector knowledge.
- Demonstrates business development skills needed to grow the
- Excellent written and verbal communication capable of managing
projects, client expectations and deliverable development.
- Travel may be required (approx. 15% pending prevailing public
Nice to have:
- In depth knowledge of Grant Management, ARPA, and/or Lease
- Progressive use of data capabilities to improve servicing
operations, including process automation, data analytics techniques
and/or workflow management systems.
- Knowledge of servicing platforms common to the industry.
What we offer you:
- Our shared values that foster inclusion and belonging including
uncompromising integrity, collaboration, trust,---and mutual
- The opportunity to innovate and do work that motivates and
engages you. -
- A collaborative environment focused on enabling you to further
your career growth and continuous professional development.
- Competitive compensation and a total rewards package that
focuses on all aspects of your wellbeing. -
- Flexibility to do impactful work and the time to enjoy your
life outside of work. -
- Opportunities to connect and learn from professionals from
different backgrounds and with different cultures.
About Cherry Bekaert
Cherry Bekaert, ranked among the largest assurance, tax and
advisory firms in the U.S., serves clients across industries in all
50 U.S. states and internationally. "Cherry Bekaert" is the brand
name under which Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory
LLC, independently owned entities, provide professional services in
an alternative practice structure in accordance with applicable
professional standards. Cherry Bekaert LLP is a licensed CPA firm
that provides attest services, and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC and
its subsidiary entities provide business advisory and non-attest
services spanning the areas of transaction advisory, risk and
accounting advisory, digital solutions, cybersecurity, tax,
benefits consulting, and wealth management. For more details, visit
Cherry Bekaert cares about its people. -We offer a competitive
compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your
performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive, high-quality which includes
medical, dental, and vision care; disability and life insurance;
generous Paid Time Off; retirement plans; Paid Care Leave; and
other programs that are dedicated to enhancing your personal and
work life and providing you and your family with a measure of
financial protection. -
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information
related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act:
Cherry Bekaert provides equal employment opportunities to
applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other
legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. - -
Candidates must demonstrate they are eligible to work in the United
States. -Cherry Bekaert will not provide -work -sponsorship for
this position. -
Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC are members of
Allinial Global, an accountancy and business advisory global
association. Visit us at - -and follow us on -, - - -or -.
- 2022 Cherry Bekaert. All Rights Reserved.
No Agencies Please
Keywords: Cherry Bekaert Advisory, LLC, East Providence , Gov't & Public Sector Risk Advisory Manager (Internal Audit), Executive , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!