Director, Nordson Business Systems and Continuous Improvement
Company: Nordson Corporation
Location: East Providence
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in
Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our
employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach
our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve
and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson
employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities
around the world where we live and work.
From the mobile device in your pocket to the sensors in your car,
and even life-saving medical devices, Nordson's technology is used
to make products that touch your life every day. Do you want to
join a growing team in a market-leading technology company? We're
looking for motivated individuals who care about helping our
customers succeed. If you value integrity, respect for people,
customer passion, energy, and excellence, you'll fit right in to
the Nordson culture.
We have a unique opportunity for a Nordson Business Systems (NBS
Next) Director with extensive experience in championing strategic
change and continuous improvement in organizations, including
proven effective communication techniques throughout all levels in
our organization, executing deliverables, and managing large teams
with the ability to create follower leadership. Based on lean
manufacturing principles and 80/20, NBS Next drives every aspect of
our culture and performance, guiding what we do, measuring our
execution, and improving each day.
This position is responsible for coaching the business to achieve
its strategic initiatives through the implementation and execution
of NBS Next across all key functions including operations, sales,
marketing, product management, and customer success. The goal of
the role will be to leverage NBS Next best practices, NBS Next
playbooks and tools, and personal knowledge and capability to
install and improve processes to deliver growth at EFD.
The success of this role will consist of in-depth knowledge of lean
and growth principles, and the ability to enact change, create
follower leadership, and influence those cross-functional teams
without direct reporting relationships. This role owns the
deployment of the NBS Next Playbooks: Strategic Discipline,
Customer Success, Product Innovation, Continuous Improvement, and
Organizational Agility to drive Leadership Level performance
globally for EFD.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Grow NBS Next Fundamentals utilization across our global EFD
organization working in collaboration with the Divisional leaders
to assure all levels understand/execute our NBS Next framework and
- Champion development of an NBS Next roadmap through strategic
planning, including support of our new product roadmaps, then
translate into measurable yearly targets and action plans.
- Assist in developing action plans to improve EFD KPIs; track
progress via daily management and deploy problem-solving where
- Regularly participate in Daily Management and Problem-Solving
reviews and provide feedback and engagement to improve the quality
and results generated from these activities.
- Build and maintain a Kaizen Funnel across our EFD organization,
prioritized to drive impact on critical KPIs.
- Ensure successful kaizen events by installing and ensuring
compliance with the kaizen process, including the planning of
kaizens, kaizen execution, sustainment of kaizen events, and
- Utilize change management to influence NBS Next activities
within EFD and with our global partners.
- Utilize and implement NBS Next to define and execute short and
long-term strategies and actions to obtain leadership-level
- Utilize a hands-on approach in working with the front-line
associates to promote and deploy sustainable continuous improvement
- Provide project management and leadership to implement pilots
and the ongoing rollout of new continuous improvement plans.
- Properly engage, collaborate, and influence all functions to
ensure the continuous improvement strategy is understood and is
sufficiently supported by the appropriate stakeholders.
- Responsible for detailed data analytics utilizing process
information and financial reports to assess manufacturing
activities and identify improvement opportunities.
- Co-own responsibility for improving performance in all key NBS
Next business metrics.
- Provide change management leadership to ensure we achieve and
sustain our targeted performance levels.
- Support the Corporate Continuous Improvement team to maintain
and improve the NBS Next playbook and supporting documentation
including identification and documentation of best practices,
development and delivery of training material, and documentation
and communication of case studies.
- Benchmark and incorporate "Best Practices" across the business
and facilitate leadership sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles
- Bachelor's degree required with 12-15+ years of Commercial
leadership experience i.e., sales, marketing, product management,
and/or customer success. or MBA with 7+ years of experience is
- Experience in executing commercial strategies through
problem-solving and process development with demonstrated results
resulting in growth and efficiencies.
- Project management experience required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrate Strategic planning and analysis.
- Cultural and Emotional intelligence working in a global
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying lean and business
principles including Standard Work, Daily Management, and Change
Management in a variety of situations resulting in proven process
- Independent worker, capable of operating with urgency in a
fast-moving and fluid environment.
- Leadership and management (of employees, projects, and
- Ability to think creatively and analytically.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong organizational and
- Proven ability to lead initiatives working collaboratively and
independently in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at
all levels of a global organization.
- Demonstrated effective execution of concurrent projects and
ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office
- Capacity to make innovative connections from ideas to
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English as it relates
to this position and safety.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDSOffice environment. To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TRAVEL REQUIREDEstimated _40_% Domestic and InternationalNordson
Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants
and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any
aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color,
sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship
status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All
employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our
pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check,
consistent with applicable laws.
Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of
Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring
manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered
unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a
placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract
with Nordson's Human Resources department in advance of submitting
a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will
not be considered a valid contract for service.
Keywords: Nordson Corporation, East Providence , Director, Nordson Business Systems and Continuous Improvement, Executive , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!