Manager, Customer Service, East Providence, RI
Company: Santander Bank
Location: East Providence
Posted on: February 7, 2019
Description: As a member of Santander------s retail banking division you------ll help serve Santander------s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander------s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank. The Manager, Customer Service is responsible for solving complex, multi-faceted problems facing day-to-day operations, ensuring quality and efficiency of the customer service department through daily management of team members and delivering simplified solutions that will allow the department to seamlessly provide exceptional customer service. S/he will also support business leaders and senior management in the implementation and execution of business strategy and growth initiatives for the Customer Service department. Responsibilities
- Manager a team of 18-20 advisors who------s primary responsibility is to provide phone assistance/support to customers for Online Banking, Mobile and Bill Pay questions and issues.
- Assists in managing the Online Banking and BillPay inbound phone volume and Bill Pay Claims as needed, and ensuring that all team and individual SLAs are met or exceeded.
- Acts as first point of contact for consumer and business clients.
- Assists clients with resolving product, service or account issues, opening or closing accounts, processing transactions, logging requests, and escalating complex issues to the appropriate team for timely resolution.
- Responsible for maintaining operational integrity.
- Sells targeted products/services as part of client-initiated interactions.
- Coaches the team to achieve customer loyalty through reduction of customer effort, issue and problem resolution, and delivering service excellence.
- Coordinates and manages the implementation of major initiatives impacting customers and the Customer Service team.
- Develops effective service concepts to ensure the team meet or exceed established departmental goals, while maintaining compliance to policies, code of ethics, and all Federal, State and local laws.
- Ensures Customer Service team consistently adheres to Company policies and procedures, code of ethics and all Federal, State and local laws.
- Leads initiatives for customer service including risk mitigation, operational quality and continuous improvement.
- Leverages relationships with internal business partners to improve performance efficiencies and identify process improvements.
- Manages performance issues as needed to ensure associates meet or exceed minimum department expectations.
- Mitigates risk by ensuring direct and indirect reports adhere to federal regulations and Company policies.
- Monitors and analyzes various management information reports to identify problem areas, ways to improve resources allocation and ensure proper implementation of strategic plans.
- Monitors and evaluates service performance to ensure first call resolution and quality standards are met or exceeded to create customer loyalty.
- Monitors and maintains compliance requirements and code of ethics.
- Organizes daily work flow and appropriate staffing for Customer Service team.
- Prepares staff to provide appropriate levels of support to customers, both internal and external.
- Provides ongoing operational development, leadership, coaching and training to front line Customer Service representatives. Qualification: Bachelor's Degree;,or equivalent work experience.5-9 years of professional experience.Management/leading of a Customer Service/ Customer Support function. Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.Ability to analyze risk and design efficient control practices to minimize risk.Ability to build relationships and trust with team members and customers.Ability to convey a sense or urgency and drive.Ability to develop goals and consistently seek learning opportunities in order improve.Ability to interact with senior level management; experience interfacing with multiple levels of the organizational structure.Ability to lead, influence and direct peers, subordinates and management.Ability to make effective decision making on complex matters.Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to be adept in identifying and resolving complex customer service problems.Excellent interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills required.Excellent written and verbal communication skills.Practical knowledge of Customer Service best practices, identification, resolution and implementation.Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding.Superior analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking. Adapts quickly to change and makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of change.Appropriately shifts attention and refocuses on new goals as a result of changes in priorities or competing work demands.Assesses problem situations and initiates effective interventions that result in customer satisfaction.Takes time to develop and maintain relationships with customers.Communicates in a timely and straightforward mannerProbes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions.Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues.Communicates the importance and benefits of risk management to counterparts.Displays natural skepticism and curiosity to question the status quo and uncover issues.Adheres to a good root cause analysis process.Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change.Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members.Follows through to meet commitments to others.Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands.Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or problem and the relationship among variables that are not obvious.Probes in-depth to understand the customer's business needs.Explores and understands the customer's alternatives and decision criteria.At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply
Keywords: Santander Bank, East Providence , Manager, Customer Service, East Providence, RI, Hospitality & Tourism , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!