Associate Athletic Trainer (ATC)
Company: UNIVERSITY ORTHOPEDICS
Location: East Providence
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job Title: Associate Athletic Trainer Reports to: Manager of
Athletic Training ServicesSecondary Oversite: DME/OrthoTech
Manager, Team Physician, and School Athletics Director SIGN-ON
BONUS OF $1,000!General Summary of Duties:The Associate Athletic
Trainer is responsible for offering athletic training services a
local high school in Rhode Island. The Associate Athletic Trainer
will act as a representative of University Orthopedics while
providing daily treatments and coverage of athletic games and
practices for the school. The Associate Athletic Trainer will also
work 10 hours per week in the University Orthopedics DME/Orthopedic
Technician department, responsible for fitting, refitting, custom
measurement, education, billing, collection of co-ins/deductible,
inventory management, and patient satisfaction. May be responsible
for assisting the physicians with care and treatment of acute
orthopedic injuries by applying/removing/reapplying casts/splints
and wound care as needed. Essential Job Functions:School
Responsibilities (30 hours/week at Chariho Regional High School,
- Act as a representative of University Orthopedics and the
standards valued therein.
- Work with the athletic director to plan for providing athletic
training coverage at interscholastic athletic events identified in
Athletic Training Program Coverage Policy.
- Establish and maintain a budget for athletic training
- Establish daily hours of operation for the athletic training
- Develop comprehensive venue and condition-specific emergency
- Establish a working relationship with a designated team
physician and community physicians.
- Work in accordance with standing orders and team physician
- Establish a working relationship with school nursing
- Complete (school systems) policies training to include Blood
Borne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan training and comply with the
- Maintain adequate medical records on all injuries and
- Coordinate physical examinations and medical referrals for
student-athletes to determine their ability to practice and
- Coordinate pre-participation examinations and physicals as
defined in the sports medicine manual.
- Comply with any and all policies regarding health care delivery
as indicated by the school systems/regulations and outlined in the
Athletic Injury Management section of the school's athletic
training program policies and procedures manual.
- Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would
enhance the benefit of the sports medicine program.
- Act as a Liaison between family physicians and specialists,
teachers and the school district, coaches, athletes, and their
- Work in conjunction with coaches and/or strength and
conditioning staff to ensure safety in the design and
implementation of fitness, nutrition, and conditioning programs
customized to meet individual student-athlete needs.
- Develop coach's professional development for CPR/AED,
Concussion, Heat Illness, Sudden Cardiac Death, Anaphylaxis, Sickle
Cell, etc. DME/OT Responsibilities (10 hours/week)
- Provides direct patient care by fitting and instructing DME
products to patients pre-operatively, post-operatively, or during a
scheduled office visit.
- Educate patients on insurance plans and provisions, financial
responsibility, and collection of patient portions.
- Assist staff and physicians in problem-solving in regard to the
type of brace and fitting that best suits the patient and their
- Reports any abnormalities in the forms to the DME Manager
- Responsible for recording the details in the patient's medical
record as well as completing all of the necessary documentation in
order for the billing department to submit the DME claim to the
patient's insurance carrier.
- Interfaces with billing department on issues relating to DME
bills, and resolves identified problems in a timely manner.
- Applies, removes and reapplies any prescribed casts/splints by
- Provides appropriate wound care based on provider prescription
re: Sutures, Staples, Dressings.
- Adheres to all Federal and State regulations, agency policies,
and protocols relating to the DME functions.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Manager to meet department
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of clinical experience
- Must be BOC certified and possess state athletic training
licensure. NPI Number Required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in high-stress/pressure
situations when talking to patients, medical professionals, staff,
- Decision-Making Skills: Ability to think quickly and critically
under pressure and make independent decisions regarding the
assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and return to play decisions
per state licensure guidelines.
- Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and perform
multiple tasks with little supervision or no supervision.
- Ortho Technician or otherwise experienced working with durable
medical equipment is preferred.
- Must be able to travel to all sites if/when necessary.
Keywords: UNIVERSITY ORTHOPEDICS, East Providence , Associate Athletic Trainer (ATC), Human Resources , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!