SENIOR EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Company: Nordson Corporation
Location: East Providence
Posted on: July 31, 2022
From the mobile device in your pocket to the sensors in your
car, and even life-saving medical devices, our technology is used
to make products that touch your life every day. Do you want to
join a growing team in a market-leading technology company? We're
looking for motivated individuals who care about helping our
customers succeed. If you value integrity, respect for people,
customer passion, energy, and excellence, you'll fit right in to
the Nordson culture.We are looking for a talented Senior Embedded
Software Engineer to join the Nordson EFD team. In this role you
will be responsible for designing, developing, troubleshooting, and
debugging firmware and software programs for electro-mechanical
systems that enables precision manufacturing processes and medical
fluid handling. You will work on complex hardware-software
interaction problems that require strong analytical and data driven
approaches to make our products smarter, connected and
intelligent.How YOU Will Make An Impact:
- Develop embedded software for microprocessors, microcontrollers
and FPGAs to control electro-mechanical actuators, acquire sensor
data, implement control algorithms and enable digital
- Write requirements, develop, maintain, and troubleshoot
software APIs/SDKs for industrial controllers as well as work with
external vendors to support integration of communication APIs.
- Determine hardware compatibility and/or influences of hardware
- Influence coding conventions and software development standards
within the company
- Interface with users & potential customers to define system
requirements and support integration of Nordson EFD product into
- Collaborate with a global team to develop hardware and
softwareQualifications To Be Successful:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer
- 5 years' experience working on electro-mechanical products with
embedded systems, real time control and digital communication
- Proficient in C/C++ programming of
microcontrollers/microprocessors and FPGA's. HDL and real time
operating systems experience desired.
- Knowledge of communications protocols such as UART (RS232,
RS485), SPI, TCP/IP, MODBUS, Profinet, Ethernet IP etc.
- Knowledge of socket-based communication with other processes /
systems strongly preferred.
- Agile / Scrum / XP development best practices. Experience with
version control tools.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a global
- Background in robotics or machine automation.
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems and SBCs, storing and
retrieving data from SQL database, communication over Web Services,
and parsing markup languages like XML and HTMLWhat We Offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Starting day 1, your benefits include Medical, Rx, Vision,
Dental, Health Savings Account (HSA), 401k (with match AND
additional 3% annual company contribution), tuition reimbursement
and Life Insurance.
- Annual cash bonus based on personal & company performance.
- In addition to paid time off and paid holidays, each employee
receives 16 hours of paid time each calendar year to perform
volunteer services in our communities.
- Full-service on-site cafeteriaWorking Conditions and Physical
Demands: Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Travel Required: Estimated
10%Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all
applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against
in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion,
color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship
status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All
employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our
pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check,
consistent with applicable laws.
Keywords: Nordson Corporation, East Providence , SENIOR EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER, IT / Software / Systems , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!