Business Intelligence Developer
Location: East Providence
Posted on: September 10, 2023
The Business Intelligence Developer participates as a member of
the SMPO team focused on Senior Products data integration. This
role will work to ensure that business technology solutions align
with the long-term vision and goals of Point32Health, and with the
existing enterprise architecture. This role leverages appropriate
influence on collaborative efforts to ensure that the best
knowledge is sought, critical thinking and planning skills are
leveraged, and the best possible decisions are reached for the
application, support, and change in business technology solutions
and processes. Key Responsibilities/Duties - what you will be
- Drive data quality across the business with advanced/expert
experience in data engineering and data warehousing. Has a Track
record of success solving various business problems and handling
scalability issues for ELT/ETL platforms.
- The person will leverage Data Integration tools to synthesize
data into for use with internal dashboards, reports, case studies,
pipeline forecasts, as well as for adhoc analyses.
- Ensure that technical design processes and products adhere to
industry standard best practices and that they integrate
efficiently and effectively.
- Consult in the identification and refinement of business needs,
requirements, and functional specifications for assigned project
and change activities.
- Consult in the identification, research, and presentation of
alternative solution models as a means to ensure the best possible
- Consult in the creation of a useful model(s) to communicate
current state, future state, and gap definitions in support of
- Consult in the refinement of existing models, adding new ideas
to make the result more flexible and more tightly linked to current
and expected requirements.
- Provides an expert-level view on the assigned technical
discipline, serving the consultative needs of all areas of the
- Participates in project requirements reviews, conceptual
modeling, discovery processes, technical design reviews, and
project meetings in order to provide appropriate guidance that
influences toward good business outcomes.
- Maintains knowledge and familiarity with current and emerging
technologies, best practices, business processes, industry trends,
and information security considerations.
- Perform data analysis, including data profiling into data
warehouses, to obtain a good understanding of data availability,
relationships and nuances for consideration of ETL solution
- Work with end users, technical staff and project team members
to plan, design, develop, implement and enhance business analytics
capabilities through data integration of various external data
- Develop and enforce change management and versioning processes
surrounding new releases of ETL jobs and evaluate and recommend new
tools and methodologies to assist with change and version
- Assist with performing change impact analysis on code changes
in order to assist with estimating level of effort required for
code changes and testing.
- Review current operational data structures and data flows and
recommend optimizations and opportunities for
automation.Qualifications - what you need to perform the
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Business or
- 3-5+ Years' experience in ETL and Data wrangling.
- Effective ETL (Extract/Transform/Load), data shaping and data
wrangling skills are critical to success in this role. Knowledge of
tools such as Alteryx/Microstrategy is preferred but not required,
while exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Excel, experience with
SQL/Access will be necessary.
- Effective BI and Analytic skills are critical to company growth
as we move forward with our next gen performance optimization
- Seeking a candidate with excellent verbal and written
communication skills to attend stakeholder meetings, gather complex
requirements from business partners, present findings back out, and
document work procedures.
- Should work well within a team environment and be highly
motivated and self-directed.
- Mathematical problem solving, statistical, and analytical
skills are required.
- Must have strong relationship building skills to channel issues
effectively toward resolution.
- Knowledge and experience with different types of database
structures, joins and data blending techniques.
- Developing presentation skills, presents mostly within
department and to project teams
- Experience writing and modifying Python and/or VBA code is a
- Increasingly applies own judgment to analytical/technical
issuesCommitment to Diversity, Equity & InclusionPoint32Health is
committed to making diversity, equity, and inclusion part of
everything we do-from product design to the workforce driving that
innovation. Our DEI strategy is deeply connected to our core values
and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming,
events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we
spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with
their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain
talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and
qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.Who We
ArePoint32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization,
delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to
everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on
the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations,
Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we
leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their
version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans
and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.We enjoy
the important work we do every day in service to our members,
partners, colleagues and communities.This job has been posted by
Ignyte AI on behalf of Point32Health. Ignyte AI is committed to the
fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for
every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of Ignyte
AI not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic
origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under
applicable federal, state or local law. Req ID: R6798
Keywords: Point32Health, East Providence , Business Intelligence Developer, IT / Software / Systems , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!