Apply Save JobJob Saved
Share this job
- Success Profile
Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If
that sounds like you, it's time to drop everything and start
getting excited - because we're waiting to welcome you to an
awesome future. One where you'll be able to give your
entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career
alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get
some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have
the right mix.
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
- Diversity and inclusion - We work together to create an
environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility - Our corporate responsibility
programs share a common purpose of giving back to the
- Balance and wellness - Our benefits help you live your life to
the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities - We foster a culture of learning,
inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and
Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA,
Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and
short-term disability insurance coverage
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for
cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
Req ID: 2102196
As a member of Santander's retail banking division you'll help
serve Santander's retail and small business customers as part of
one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With
principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander's retail
division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers
reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2
million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small
businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with
An integral part of our Home Loans Direct to Consumer channel,
the Direct to Consumer HELOC Loan Officer Specialist is responsible
- Providing consultative and sales support on incoming Home
Equity Loan applications from a variety of sources such as
internet, incoming phone calls, branch referrals, and various lead
generation initiatives created by Santander Marketing.
- Ensuring that applications are complete and advising borrowers
on all required documentation needed based on borrowers profile to
complete the transaction in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reviewing and or taking HELOC loan applications from borrowers
and determining required documentation needed based on each
borrowers financial structure within division SLA
- Analyzing and reviewing incoming documentation and assisting
processing in obtaining missing items as needed to ensure timely
closing of files. Communicating with the borrowers as needed.
- Reviewing personal pipeline weekly to ensure loan progression
and closing within Santander SLA and consulting with processing
- Making outbound calls to current and prospective customers as
- Ensuring compliance with Regulatory requirements and
Santander's policies and procedures.
- High School diploma
- 5 years sales or service in the mortgage field in the
application, processing or origination of HELOC or conventional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Empower loan origination system a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of mortgage banking regulatory requirements
with emphasis on Home Equity lending.
- Ability to analyze various types of financial documentation
including both personal and business tax returns.
- Ability to interpret multiple credit reports and their
compatibility with program requirements.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and
- In compliance with the requirements outlined within the
Compensation Requirements under the Truth-in-Lending Act (LO Comp
Rule) effective January 1st 2014; Santander Bank will now perform a
credit check as part of, and in addition to, the existing
background check for all positions where one must perform job
functions of a loan originator as defined by the LO Comp Rule. In
order to be eligible for this position you must have a valid US
Social Security at the time of application.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce
and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively
encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location: East Providence, Rhode Island, United
Other Locations: Rhode Island-East Providence
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.