Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in
Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our
employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach
our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve
and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson
employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities
around the world where we live and work.
Nordson EFD designs and manufactures components for controlled
fluid flow including desktop dispensing equipment, precision
valves, tips, dual dispensing cartridges and syringes. Our products
are used in a broad range of market segments including, Life
Sciences, Animal Health, Electronics, Automotive and Construction.
Leading with innovation, Nordson EFD holds proprietary material and
"0 waste" patents and technology to micro-dispense materials
<0.2mm in diameter.
An Assembler II is responsible for producing complete assemblies
per API's, i.e. EFD dispensers, valves, tank reservoirs and their
related sellable components. To be successful in this role, one
must understand and utilize written instructions (API's) and/or
verbal instructions to maintain the highest quality level while
performing all assembly, testing and packaging operations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that labor efficiencies fall within established time
- Self picks parts and necessary equipment, tooling and materials
(lubricants, sealant, bags etc)
- Uses all equipment, tooling and material for their intended
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe work area at all
- Wears the appropriate safety gear at all times such as safety
- Performs basic trouble shooting skills with minimal
- Conducts basic training to other employees as needed
- Performs a variety of test functions utilizing test equipment,
meters and other mechanical and pneumatic devices.
- Partners with Engineering on new product development
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 1 year of related experience and/or training
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend the English
- Able to read, understand and interpret documents such as safety
rules, operating instructions and procedures and carry out oral
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must be able to work in a team environment and communicate
effectively with fellow employees.
- Able to perform basic math, add, subtract, multiply and divide
in all units of measure.
- Ability to problem solve involving a few concrete variables and
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Able to use pneumatic and hand tools
- SAP experience
- Solder Certification
- Shift Flexibility
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and
reach with hands and arms. The employee can sit or stand. The
employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must lift
and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed
to moving mechanical parts, flumes or airborne particles and
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all
applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against
in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion,
color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship
status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All
employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our
pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check,
consistent with applicable laws.