Company: UNIVERSITY ORTHOPEDICS
Location: East Providence
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Job Title: DME/Orthopedic TechnicianReports to: Clinical Operations
Manager Location: Float All RI Schedule: Tue-Sat This is a
Full-Time position, Tuesday-Saturday, under general supervision,
assists physicians with care and treatment of orthopedic patients,
including, but not limited to casting, splinting, DME bracing, and
the application of traction. DME fitting includes and is not
limited to fitting, refitting, custom measurement, education,
billing, collection of co-ins/Deductible and patient satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will validate compliance, insurance
verification, and follow up on DME orders. He or she will
communicate with the patient care staff, patients and families
regarding durable medical equipment issues or concerns. They will
look to help facilitate patient flow with rooming/patient intakes
as needed. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists physicians with patient care and flow during office
hours; properly fits and applies pre-operative braces, crutches,
and other soft goods; prepares and applies casts, splints, and
orthopedic durable medical equipment; changes dressings; removes
sutures, casts, and splints.
- Educate patients on insurance plans and provisions, financial
responsibility, and collection of patient portion and follows
- Responsible for recording the details in the patient's medical
record as well as completing all of the necessary documentation in
order for the billing department to submit the DME claim to the
patient's insurance carrier.
- Assists physicians as needed with orthopedic procedures,
including wound care, aspirations, fracture reductions, etc;
instructs proper care for patients in casts, splints, or traction
devices, as well as the use of orthopedic durable medical
- Maintains clean and well-stocked cast, DME fitting, and exam
rooms; orders supplies, or equipment as needed for these rooms, and
rotates stock when DME orders come in.
- Manages DME inventory at their location and reports any
concerns for stock and maintains adequate supplies for
- Remains current with orthopedic trends, care, and supplies;
performs other duties as assigned.
- Helps assist with patient flow with the rooming/intake and/or
cleaning exam rooms for their floor, pod, or providers clinic.
- Hours subject to patient volume and physician/provider schedule
- Must be able to travel to all sites
- Must be eligible for RI licensure as a PTA, OTA, ATC or have 1
year of orthopedic medical experience and/or DME experience.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- The ability to work quickly and accurately, and pay attention
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical
- Knowledge of health care and medical procedures, including
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Communications skills
- Attentiveness to detail
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to use protective equipment and respond to emergency
- Ability to exert average physical effort
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time, as well
as push, pull, squat, twist, turn, lift, bend, stoop and reach
Keywords: UNIVERSITY ORTHOPEDICS, East Providence , DME/Orthopedic Technician, Professions , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!