Company: WIN Waste Innovations
Location: East Providence
Posted on: March 12, 2023
WIN Waste Innovations is a waste management company committed to
delivering essential waste management solutions to customers and
communities supported by our team of 2,100 employees. We believe in
preserving our environment for future generations while providing
for today's needs. WIN Waste Innovations is a vertically integrated
business with a platform of 50 strategically located collection,
transfer, and disposal assets. These include waste-to-energy
facilities, transfer stations, ash monofills, landfills, and fleets
of rail cars and collection vehicles. We process more than 11
million tons of waste annually, converting 6.7 million tons of
waste into clean, renewable energy that powers 340,000 homes. We
recycle more than 234,000 tons of plastic, paper, and metals from
the waste stream. WIN Waste is currently seeking a Driver Trainer.
- At least 80% of the time is spent educating, training, and
orienting new Drivers and current employees on procedures for
proper inspection, defensive driving and safe operation of vehicles
for collection, transport, and disposal of solid waste. Duties: The
following responsibilities are general duties that a particular
employee in this position may or may not be required to perform.
The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Educates, trains, and orients new Drivers on procedures for
proper inspection and safe operation of vehicles for collection,
transport, and disposal of solid waste.
- Provides defensive driving and safety training to new and
- Evaluates driving skills of driver candidates by conducting
- Increases the level of Driver proficiency through training and
- Performs Driver evaluation and re-evaluation as they pertain to
certifications by the Department of Transportation and/or
- Ensures training records are maintained and administers
appropriate tests to determine Drivers' proficiency in company
procedures and defensive driving.
- Investigates vehicle and personal injury accidents to improve
training and correct work practices. Provides retraining for
drivers following preventable accidents.
- Develops or selects teaching aids such as training handbooks,
demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials,
and reference works.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned. Physical
Requirements: The following physical activities or abilities are
commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this
position. The actual requirements of this position will vary.
- Climb into and out of truck repeatedly throughout the workday.
Experience, Education, Certification: Required:
- Equivalent of (1) high school diploma or G.E.D certification
and five years commercial truck driving experience, including
standard transmission (if applicable); OR (2) 9 years commercial
truck driving experience, including standard transmission (if
- Minimum two years' experience in refuse truck operations.
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement.
- As verified by a current MVR/driver abstract, must meet all
qualifications as defined under DOT regulation 49 CFR 51
- Must meet WIN Waste Driver MVR Qualification Standards.
Representative Machines, Tools, Equipment and Software: The
following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly,
but not always, associated with the performance of this position.
Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
- All types of waste collection trucks and associated
- Office equipment including, but not limited to, computer,
phone, fax machine, copier and
- Microsoft Office including Word and Excel. Environmental
Working Conditions: The following environmental/atmospheric working
conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the
performance of this position. The actual working conditions will
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to residential and commercial solid waste. At WIN
Waste Innovations, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as Company match on
401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays,
and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: WIN Waste Innovations, East Providence , Driver Trainer, Professions , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...