Medical Technologist/Medical Technician- Microbiology/Molecular
Company: East Side Clinical Laboratory, Inc
Location: East Providence
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position
Qualifications: You put the pro in medical laboratory professional.
You've got problem-solving instincts, a passion for patient care,
and the technical training to deliver quality results. You're also
looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an
opportunity to grow your career.Join our front line of ! Our
mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities
as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions. Quality is in our DNA
is it in yours?LOCATION: 10 Risho Ave, East Providence, RI
02914HOURS: 2nd Shift: 3:00pm - 11:30pm; Monday - Friday,
w/rotating holidaysFULL TIME: Benefits EligibleIn this role, you
- Evaluates specimens for testing, utilizes appropriate criteria
and upholds established performance standards. Applies established
criteria for testing, and analysis of entire process from
preparation, conducting test, functioning of devices and procedures
to ensure quality test results. Performs waived, moderate and high
complexity laboratory tests.
- Performs quality assurance and control procedures in adherence
with standard operating procedures, federal, state, and CAP
- Maintains equipment and tools; performs quality assurance
testing, routine calibration and ensures optimal performance.
- Maintains appropriate records for specimens, tests and data.
Utilizes computer systems in reporting and documenting
- Independently obtains, receives and prepares laboratory
specimens. Determines acceptability for analysis and eventual
- Conducts quality control measures on all laboratory tests.
Evaluates controls and recognizes discrepant control results and
advises Supervisor as needed
- Following established laboratory protocol, independently
performs a variety of laboratory procedures, both manual and
automated (see training checklists for detailed description of
- Adheres to company and departmental safety procedures
- Performs other related duties as assignedPhysical Demands:
- Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
- Capable of standing continuously for up to 2 hours.
- Extend and reach with hands and arms and use hands and
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or
crouch. May be required to lift, move and carry up to 15-20
- Hearing acuity sufficient to effectively communicate with
customers and Employees via telephone and in person.
- Ability to communicate verbally on phone and in person.
- Fluency in the English language.All you need is:
- Motivated candidates who are looking for career growth
- Medical Laboratory Technician, A.S. OR Medical Technologist,
B.S. OR B.S. in Biological, Chemistry or Physical Science or
military educational equivalent preferred (transcripts must be
- Registered as a Medical Laboratory Scientist/Technician by the
ASCP (American Society of Clinical Pathology), AMT (American
Medical Technologist) or HEW certified
- Must be able to work independently in a methodical and
- Excellent communication skills with the staff, physicians,
patients, and familiesBonus points if you've got:
- 2+ years of laboratory training or experience We'll give you:
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!We also want you to
know:This role will have routine access to Protected Health
Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable
safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as
well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards.
Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to
fulfill job duties.Scheduled Weekly Hours:40Work Shift:2nd Shift
(United States of America)Job Category:Laboratory
OperationsCompany:East Side Clinical Laboratory, Inc. Per the RIDOH
and the RI Governor's recent announcement the new regulation under
Rhode Island General Laws 23- 1-1 and 23-1-17 requires all
healthcare workers to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by
10/1/2021. ESCL is compliant with this regulation and therefore
will require all final candidates for hire to provide a copy of
their fully vaccinated status. Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal
opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to
an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit
discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color,
sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: East Side Clinical Laboratory, Inc, East Providence , Medical Technologist/Medical Technician- Microbiology/Molecular, Professions , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...