Injection Molding Process Technician II - 2nd Shift
Company: Nordson Corporation
Location: East Providence
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in
Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our
employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach
our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve
and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson
employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities
around the world where we live and work.
From the mobile device in your pocket to the sensors in your car,
and even life-saving medical devices, Nordson's technology is used
to make products that touch your life every day. Do you want to
join a growing team in a market-leading technology company? We're
looking for motivated individuals who care about helping our
customers succeed. If you value integrity, respect for people,
customer passion, energy, and excellence, you'll fit right in to
the Nordson culture.
Come join our team as a Process Technician II! In this role, you
will work independently to set up, process and place into
production all Injection Molding jobs, as assigned. You will also
be responsible for maintaining the continuity of production which
may involve troubleshooting various types of equipment or process
issues, determining the appropriate resolution is vital.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Perform material handling and room support functions.
- Install and remove molds including the installation of water
liens, mold heaters and additional support equipment.
- Prepare all paperwork associated with the production jobs as
well as use any computerized tracking systems.
- Purge press and set up established parameters. Cycle in and
complete first piece to place press into production.
- Perform adjustments to maintain quality products.
- Start up or shut down all equipment as required for beginning
or ending a shift.
- Perform inspection of products for defects using specified
- Clean molds and change over internal mold components for
production when needed.
- Take an active role in any needed training of other production
- Troubleshoot problems with auxiliary equipment and repair as
needed to maintain production.
- Ability to develop and improve process and run samples as
- Basic understanding of blueprint reading.
- Thorough knowledge of all injection molding processes and
machine controls and functions.
- Able to logically discuss problems and arrive at a
- Have a working knowledge of all equipment needed in quality
measurement and inspection techniques as well as SPC.
- Perform other support duties and assist in implementing lean
initiatives as required.
What We Offer:
- Starting day 1, your benefits include:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Paid Time Off (including annual company shutdown between
Christmas and New Year's)
- Annual bonus based on personal & company performance.
- 401k (with match AND additional 3% annual company
- Health Savings Accounts (with employer contribution)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Wellbeing programs to help you live a healthy happy
- 2nd Shift: Mon-Fri, 3:00PM - 11:30PM (Shift premium
- Must be available for overtime and/or temporary shift changes
Qualifications To Be Successful:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of related experience
- Ability to perform basic math skills such as adding,
subtracting, multiplying and dividing, etc.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English and have the
ability to read and comprehend simple work instructions, short
correspondence and memos.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Can easily interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form as required.
- Basic knowledge of the use of robots in the production process
is a plus
- Preferred ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages and
to draw and interpret various graphs
- Tooling maintenance experience highly preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) is
Working Conditions and Physical DemandsManufacturing environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands
and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to
walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, at times in tight spaces.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include depth perception and
The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; extreme heat;
risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Safety
Glasses are provided and required in the workplace.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all
applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against
in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion,
color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship
status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All
employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our
pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check,
consistent with applicable laws.
Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of
Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring
manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered
unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a
placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract
with Nordson's Human Resources department in advance of submitting
a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will
not be considered a valid contract for service.
Keywords: Nordson Corporation, East Providence , Injection Molding Process Technician II - 2nd Shift, Professions , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!