Senior Electrical Lab Technician
Company: Nordson Corporation
Location: East Providence
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in
Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our
employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach
our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve
and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson
employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities
around the world where we live and work. From the mobile device in
your pocket to the sensors in your car, and even life-saving
medical devices, Nordson's technology is used to make products that
touch your life every day. Do you want to join a growing team in a
market-leading technology company? We're looking for motivated
individuals who care about helping our customers succeed. If you
value integrity, respect for people, customer passion, energy, and
excellence, you'll fit right in to the Nordson culture. We are
looking for a talented Senior Electrical Lab Technician to join the
Nordson EFD team. The Sr. Electrical Lab Technician is a skilled
individual contributor with an inquisitive nature, responsible for
the preparation of design prototypes, conducting evaluations, data
acquisition, test equipment design, selection and maintenance,
report writing and participation in the troubleshooting and design
review process. How YOU will make an impact:
- Provides leadership in testing, set-up and instrumentation of
mechanical, electromechanical, pneumatic and electronic
- Builds and tests sub-assemblies or parts of larger projects
under limited supervision.
- Maintains, modifies and documents changes to existing
laboratory and test equipment to operate as needed as
- Makes cause and effect relationships from data obtained.
- Test and troubleshoot electrical circuits for R&D and New
Product development projects.
- Makes recommendations as to parts layouts, procedures, test
methods, instrumentation and data acquisition methods.
- Writes test reports by identifying basic data and drawing basic
- Interacts with engineers on regular basis providing information
and recommendations leading to conclusions that affect product
design. Qualifications To Be Successful:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience in engineering or
- 15 or more years as an electrical technician in a design,
development or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with electrical test equipment (oscilloscopes,
multimeters, voltage generators and other relevant equipment).
- Experience with a variety of data acquisition hardware.
- Must be able to read and understand Engineering Report requests
and then be able to efficiently execute the testing and report back
the data as required.
- Solid understanding of good laboratory safety and operations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Detail
oriented, dependable, and willing to oversee multiple priorities
with a high degree of flexibility.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as well as
independently. Highly effective communication skills a must
- The successful candidate will possess the ability to understand
electrical circuitry, circuit prototyping and fabrication skills
including circuit repair and component replacement.
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Python software, preferred. What We Offer:
- Starting day 1, your benefits include:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Paid Time Off (including annual company shutdown between
Christmas and New Year's)
- Annual bonus based on personal & company performance.
- 401k (with match AND additional 3% annual company
- Health Savings Accounts (with employer contribution)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Wellbeing programs to help you live a healthy happy lifestyle.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands: Laboratory environment.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
on occasion up to 75 pounds. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Travel Required: None Nordson
Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants
and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any
aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color,
sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship
status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All
employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our
pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check,
consistent with applicable laws. Third party recruiters and
agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its
subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or
submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and
property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless
the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson's Human
Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for
consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered
a valid contract for service.
Keywords: Nordson Corporation, East Providence , Senior Electrical Lab Technician, Professions , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!