PCBA Process Technician - 2nd Shift
Company: AirBorn Inc.
Posted on: February 9, 2024
SUMMARY: Provides assistance to Manufacturing Engineers, Design
Engineering, and production departments. Reviews processes and
procedures to determine predictability of new builds and
improvements on existing builds including prototyping, repairing
machinery, and trouble shooting fixtures/tooling. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be
- Assists in prototype development by debugging, modifications,
assembly, testing and inspecting.
- Detects failures and makes recommendations to Manufacturing
Engineers and Design Engineers to make parts producible.
- Reviews customer drawings and evaluates feasibility, and
dismantles, repairs, or sends off defective equipment.
- Perform, aide, or give direction on periodic preventive
maintenance or general repair on equipment or machinery.
- Programs machinery and equipment such as programmable
controllers, electrical testers, and marking equipment.
- Reviews documentation such as manufacturing procedures, BOMS,
drawings and routers.
- Operates computer terminal to input and retrieve data and
create or update documentation.
- Provides specialized training to production employees and
technical direction to production trainer.
- Provides assistance to Engineers to adapt existing design to
perform correctly in new design requirement. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
ABILITIES Requires knowledge typically acquired through:
- Completion of a High school diploma or general education degree
- Six months to three years related experience or training;
and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common factions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong working knowledge of computer, equipment and
procedures.QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit, stand, talk, hear, walk, and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools, and controls, and reach with arms
and hands. The employee may be required to regularly lift and/or
move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.WORK
ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
job functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate. Equal
Opportunity Employer - Disability/Vet This job may require
applicant to conform to U.S. Government export regulations,
applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful,
permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8
U.S.C. 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. 1158, or be eligible to
obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of
State. Learn more about the ITAR here .
Keywords: AirBorn Inc., East Providence , PCBA Process Technician - 2nd Shift, Professions , Rumford, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!