TRANE - Controls Technician - Providence, RI
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Location: East Providence
Posted on: November 9, 2019
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around
the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,
sustainable and efficient environments. Our people andour family of
brands-including Club Car-- , Ingersoll Rand-- , Thermo King-- ,
Trane-- , AmericanStandard-- Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO-- -
work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes
and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and
increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are aglobal
business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring
results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse
workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United
States qualified protected veterans.
Why Trane Is The Best Company for Controls Technicians:
- Trane is recognized world wide as the brand standard for HVAC
and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program
including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are
highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry
(we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM)
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and
sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed
laptop, and smart phone
In this position you will be installing (commissioning),
troubleshooting, repairing, and programming environmental control
systems. In order to perform your task you will utilize your
knowledge of electronics (board level troubleshooting), direct
digital controls, airflow, hydronics, refrigeration theory, and
building control techniques.
- Responsible for end to end testing, programming, starting up,
commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Setup the graphical interface and network connections for the
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer
contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on
assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying,
analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely
understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by
extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues,
gathering materials and synchronizing onsite work.
- Uses a variety of hand tools, interpreting control drawings,
plans, and specifications, to mount, assemble, test, and program
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs direct digital control systems
at customer's location.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement,
and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining
building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and
coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Maintains assigned stock of inventory, company equipment, and
documents all related activities.
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation,
operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and
maintains security and accountability of company issued and
procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining
flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires,
including occasional overnight stays.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required. A minimum of
5-7 years of experience in HVAC/Controls or equivalent combination
of education (Technical School) and experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and controls
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer hardware and software.
Network/IT experience highly desired
- Previous background in process controls with experience in
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's)
- Previous background in programming, commissioning and startup
of Siemens, Johnson Controls, Honeywell, or Tridium/Niagara based
controls systems highly desired.
- Control integration experience with LON, BacNet, Modbus, OPC,
or XML a plus
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working
proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but
not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or
multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the
previous 3 years.
- EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler
Operator, Gas Installer etc).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including
but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to
noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions,
precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of
hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires
employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently
lift and or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and or move
more than 50 lbs.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal
and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns
with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you
live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and
diverse culture that engages as well as values the different back
grounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs
innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about
bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you
belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, East Providence , TRANE - Controls Technician - Providence, RI, Professions , East Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!